In about 2 weeks I will be heading off to SXSW Interactive. I look forward to meeting and talking to lots of exciting people in the industry. I am also going to try and pull together a UI designer meetup group. Last year only a few people were able to get together. I hope this year we can get a lot more!
While at SXSW I hope to blog about the classes I’m attending and many other items of interest. I can only hope the network is capable of sustaining 5000+ people all in one small area using every last spec of bandwidth. Last year and the year before it died. Here’s to wishful thinking
Here are a list of the panels I plan on attending (subject to change): If you are at SXSW and don’t see anything panels you like at a particular time be sure to check out the “DAY STAGE” Cafe. There are usually book readings, and other great conversations going on. Since they are a smaller format you can get a lot of face time with the author and ask some questions etc.
Friday, March 13
- My Boss Doesn’t Get It: Championing Social Media to the Man
- Try Making Yourself More Interesting
- Book Reading: Career Renegade: How To Make A Great Living Doing What You Love
Saturday, March 14
- TBA · Boagworld Live Show Spectacular!
- The 7 Rules for Great Web Application Design
- Making Web Widgets Accessible: Tools and Techniques
- Opening Remarks
- Profit By Mobilizing Your Online Community or Marketplace
For anyone that may be so inclined here is the rest of my busy schedule.